Ayahuasca - therapies
Cusco - Peru
Ayahuasca Retreat House
These words come from the RUNASIMI or quechua language (RUNA = HUMAN BEING and SIMI = TONGUE or LANGUAGE) and it might be translated as WISE INCA, although these words or title really indicates a spiritual hierarchy which existed in Incan times and was used to denominate to the main Inca and to a special kind of priest who was part of the Incan spiritual nobility. This important figure had the capacity to lead and to teach to other Incas and he had ancestral knowledges like sacred astronomy, art and mastery of stone, the language and medicine.
OBJECTIVES OF THE PROJECT
The main objectives of the Sapan Inka project are:
- Spiritual Reconstitution of the human being. Through the work made by the project and with the help of master plants as the main tool, we try to provide a small support and contribution to the psychological growth of human kind. The work with teacher plant is looking for integration of the personality, expansion of consciousness and psycho-spiritual development.
- The physical, psychological and spiritual health of the participants in the retreats. We have taken the greatest possible responsibility in the use of teacher plants as therapeutic tools, considering all potential risks in the use of plants of power such as Ayahuasca, e.g. drug interactions between biochemical contents of the teacher plants and some foods and pharmaceuticals products. Also psychological possible risks can be triggered during a cathartic or a psychedelic experience, for example in the case of a latent psychosis, it can becomes a psychotic disorder or schizophrenia. We try to take the utmost care to make a difference between spiritual crisis and mental disorder. In the case of a spiritual crisis, we try to support as much as possible to the person providing tools to cope in the best way the process is going. In the case of a mental disorder people is derived to a specialist in the field. Master plants therapy is a bioenergetic unlocking process, a psycho-spiritual treatment.
- The protection of our mother earth and the knowledge of higher realities. Working with teacher plants is closely related to the care of our eco-system, the protection of natural resources and the protection and respect for the ancestral cultural knowledge, which is deposited in the native peoples and cultures. The work also allows us to acquire consciousness about the trascendental relationship between man and the world, about the connections between the physical material and psychic spiritual world. We intend to cultivate respect for life and all beings. We consider that it is very important the ritual use of plants to achieve therapeutic goals.
- The work is directed to our cultural and spiritual formation and for the future generations. We believe and understand that our medical work through the use of teacher plants is directed to the formation of spiritual values which are directed toward the individual's release from psychological limitations. We believe that a spiritual openness is necessary for knowledge and understanding of a higher power. We consider that for the psychological developmen is essential to recognize a higher scale of being. The aim of the work is oriented toward the possibility of a "new man" in us. We believe that in the work with teacher plants is essential the respect to the beliefs of the others.
Our main tool in the work is the therapeutic use that we give to the teacher plants: Ayahuasca, Huachuma, coca leaves, etc.. These plants are the master key that allows an inter-relationship with other world cultures.
To achieve our goals we must consider the following:
1. To collaborate for the social recognition of the medicinal use of ayahuasca doing a global intercultural integration work.
2. To create an active network of contacts among people and institutions who have ideas and purposes consistent with ours and with those who are working in the pursuit of human development, and therefore to do cultural exchanges to allow everyone spiritual enriching.
3. To devote ourselves to the search for methods of Self-Knowledge and Exploration of Consciousness.
4. - To support to our brothers and sisters who are looking for help for a spiritual transformation or a process of individuation.
5. - To know and to promote the use of medicinal plants and native foods of Peru.
The funds raised in the scheduled workshops will be used to fulfill the Sapan Inka project objectives, and they will allow to provide assistance and support to the children of our families and children from native villages with whom we are working, and also for growth and spreading of the project itself.