Please, if you decide to participate in an Ayahuasca Retreat, it is necessary to follow these instructions:
2. Once we receive your email, we will send to you some important questions and with your answers we will make an evaluation to know how prepared you are to participate in a retreat, and we will know how we will be able to support you throughout the retreat in our house.
3. After we have your answers, we will let you know if it is possible to participate in the retreat, and then we will send you information about the preparation before the retreat.
4. Finally, we will send you all necessary information to know how to make the deposit for reservation. You will be able to make payment for reservation by Western Union or by PayPal.
If you need more information to take a decision, please contat us:
To take part in an Ayahuasca ceremony is very safe, however, there are certain risks and dangers that must be seriously considered. Some medications must be avoided, because it may happen some dangerous interactions with ayahuasca. On the other hand, if you are suffering or have suffered from certain conditions, surely you will not be able to drink Ayahuasca.
You should not drink Ayahuasca if you have suffered a heart attack or a stroke. It is dangerous to drink ayahuasca in case of schizophrenia or a manic episode of bipolar disorder, and it is not recommended to anyone with a history of psychosis or psychotic episodes. People who suffer certain conditions such as high blood pressure or diabetes, should give us details on the illness in order we can make an evaluation, and in this way we will know if it is possible or not to participate in a ceremony.
Some drugs present dangerous interactions with MAOIs of ayahuasca, so, there are certain drugs like some antidepressants that should be avoided from 3 or 4 weeks before participating in a ceremony. Potentially dangerous drugs are:
The restrictions are according to each drug; so you must report in detail any drug you are using.
Throughout the days that you will stay in the retreat house, it is not possible to use medications, excepted for some very specific cases that will be coordinated with organizers.
There are also some dietary supplements and certain medicinal plants that should be avoided from some days before the Ayahuasca ceremony. You must report which medicinal plants and supplements you are using in order to prevent risks.
At least one week before the retreat, alcohol and recreational drugs should not be used, especially cocaine, heroin, marijuana, and many other substances. You have to report what drugs you have used.
Women on their menstrual period are able to participate in the retreat, as long as they let us know about it, on the first day of the retreat, in our house.
If you decide to participate in an Ayahuasca Retreat, it means to agree to the terms and conditions indicated below.
We call the "Organizers" to Erik Hendrick and Nilda Quispe, they are the members of the Sapan Inka Retreat Center. And we call the " Participant " to the person who makes a reservation to participate in a retreat.
1. The organizers reserve the right to accept or reject the reservation of any participant at any time.
2. The participants agree to participate in the Ayahuasca retreat and in the ceremonies with visionary plants. And they acknowledge to be aware that these plants are psychoactive and psychedelic substances, and that their action modify the state of consciousness.
3. The organizers will do everything possible to provide security and comfort to the participants during the retreat, for their part, the participants must agree to take care of themselves and always to respect to all the other persons in the retreat house. The participants are totally responsible for themselves in case of injury, damages, losses, and any other type of inconvenience.
4. Participants agree to report all details of their medical condition and on any medication in use, and they must report any changes in this regard.
5. The organizers recommend to the participants to learn as much as possible about the use of visionary plants and their interactions with medications in use. The responsibility to take precautions and to obtain professional medical information depends solely on the participant.
6. Participants declare to be in appropriate physical and mental conditions to participate in a retreat with visionary plants, and agree to participate at their own risk. They acknowledge to know what is a psychedelic plant.
7. Participants have the option to participate or not in any of the ceremonies offered at the Sapan Inka Retreat Center. They declare that their participation in the ayahuasca ceremonies are completely voluntary and they are totally responsible for their actions and decisions.
8. The organizers are responsible for everything offered within the retreat programs announced in the website: transportation, food, accommodations and participation in ceremonies with medicinal plants. The organizers are not responsible for expenses make by the participant outside the programs offered.
9. If any participant decides to leave the Ayahuasca retreat before it concludes, for any reason, no refund of any type will be made.
10. The participants must respect the organizers and all the people who participate in the retreat. We reserve the right to expel any participant who is acting excessively negative, affecting the group and / or the organizers.
11. If during the days of the retreat a participant presents behavior that affect themselves or other participants, we reserve the right to physically restrain the participant or expel him/her from the retreat. The restraining will be carried out in the most cordial way possible and with the greatest respect for the dignity of the guest.
12. In case of any medical emergencies, such as intestinal fever, broken bones, high fever, etc., the participant will be accompanied to a clinic in Cusco. All the expenses in the clinic will be paid by the participant.
13. During the days of the retreat there should not be any sexual activity among the participants. This includes couples and marriages. We recommend sexual abstinence from 7 days before the retreat and 7 days after the retreat. Abstinence includes masturbation.
14. There is no laundry service in the retreat house. Neither do we have permanent WiFi, it is only possible to access our WiFi in case of emergency.
15. The organizers reserve the right to make changes to the itinerary and the costs of Ayahuasca retreats or cancel the event if deemed necessary. If we cancel an event, we are responsible for returning 100% of the reservation. However, the organizers are not responsible for other expenses made by the participant such as purchase of transportation tickets or purchase of goods and services.
16. It is necessary to make a deposit of 50% of the total cost of the Ayahuasca retreat in order to reserve a space. Please do not confirm flights until the reservation has been confirmed.
17. This is our cancellation policy:
18. The organizers recommend that participants take out travel insurance.
19. Participants agree to and allow that any photographs or video taken during the days of the retreat and where the participants appear may be published by the organizers on the website of the Sapan Inka Retreat Center, unless the participant declares previously his/her written disagreement.
20. Participants, when making the payment of their reservation, agree that they have read and understood all the contents of this document. The payment of the reservation is equivalent to the signature of this document. By signing this document, the participant waives certain legal rights, including their right to sue.