MAXIMUM AVAILABLE SPACES: 5 PERSONS
The 5 days Ayahuasca & San Pedro Retreat is a healing process where you will have a possibility for self-knowledge and self-healing. Techniques that we use in this process are part of a holistic method where we use knowledges from amazonic and andean culture and from other traditions of wisdom, including Humanistic and Integral psychology. Our main tool in this process is the use of the Teacher Plants (Ayahuasca & San Pedro). The purpose in the Ayahuasca Retreats is to clean at diffferent levels, it means to detox the body, to release energetic blocks, to help to clean heart, mind and soul. We believe that this process is an effective way to help you to discover your own potential and to help you to find a way how to heal emotional and psychological issues.
IMPORTANT: Ayahuasca beverage used in the ceremonies is prepared using only two plants: Ayahuasca (Banisteriosis caapi) and Chakruna (Psychotria viridis).
The Ayahuasca & San Pedro Retreats are psychospiritual therapies with the objective to support people for the resolution to emotional and bio-energetic blocks. It is also our intention to support to the participants during a possible acces to holotropic states, i.e. states "moving toward wholeness." The Ayahuasca therapy objective is to get that the personality becomes a totality, and for the achievement of this goal it is required the self-knowledge, which will allow to the contents from the unconsciousness to be integrated into the total personality of the Self, this process is a process of "integration". When the self-knowledge is assumed to be a therapeutic process, it is understood that the process will require hard work and it will take a long time for its fulfillment, it means that it is necessary a permanent commitment from the person interested in the process of healing. In this regard the Ayahuasca medicine is a tool that opens a possibility to self-knowledge and self-healing.
The work with San Pedro medicine is complementary to the Ayahuasca medicine. The use of San Pedro medicine is focused to connection to the inner nature of human being and with outward nature. This medicine helps to experience a deep perception of the reality and widening of consciousness. The use of San Pedro medicine hepls to a better understanding of the psychoterapeutical process with Ayahuasca medicine. San Pedro ceremony will be open with a special ancestral ceremony of the andes called "Despacho", it is an offering to the mountains and to the mother earth, symbolically it means a balance between the material and spiritual world.
Also therapies with Ayahuasca medicine are intended to support participants during a possible emergence of a psychospiritual transformation process; one must understand that this type of process allows people to have a personal connection to the numinous dimensions of existence and a much broader view of the world. When the person gets to experience this process, it is possible to have an experience of ego death and spiritual rebirth and the consequent sense of cosmic unity. Ayahuasca medicine therapy is a support mechanism to the person in transit in this process.
The maximum capacity in the Ayahuasca Retreat is 5 participants. We will focus all our energy giving support to every participant of this porcess of healing.The Retreat is in our Retreat House, a place specially disigned to do this kind of therapies, it means a real natural enviroment close to some Sacred Mountains, in the Sacred Valley of the Incas.
The retreat includes:
- To participate in 2 Ayahuasca ceremonies in a retreat house near to a sacred mountain. In the house there is an space disigned to do the ceremonies, it is private and quiet, and ideal setting.
- To participate in 1 San Pedro ceremony. During this ceremony we will in a natural place close to the river where it will be possible to connect with nature.
- To participate in one ceremony of offering to the Mother Earth (Pachamama)
- Therapies of Reintegration and re-elaboration of the contents of the experiences. The next day after every ceremony we will organize an individual conversation to talk about all the detail of the process of healing, trying to find a way how to integrate into your life the experience you have lived in the ceremony.
- Special food for every day of the retreat. Meals are vegetarian and we use organic vegetables from the Sacred Valley, everything in the diet is according to the use of the Teacher Plants.
- Accommodations during the days of the retreat in a the retreat house in comfortable bedrooms. The house has bathrooms with warm water.
- We will take care of transpotation from Cusco to our retreat house. On the first day of the retreat, we will coordinate with a car to pick you up from your hotel in Cusco to take you to our Retreat House. The last day of the Retreat ther will be a car to take you back to Cusco.
- Ideal enviroment for meditation
Participants should be on a diet for preparation since at least 4 or 5 days before the ceremonies, the sooner you begin with the diet the better. We recommend not to eat: red meat, especially pork; fermented, matured, cured, or accidentally colonized by bacteria foods, for example, aged cheese. Not to eat canned food. Do not drink coffee or any caffeinated beverage. Not to use any alcoholic beverage, do not use cannabis nor any narcotic substance. To use low salt and sugar. To avoid fried foods. If you have any pharmacological treatment, it should be informed in advance all the details. There are some medications you should avoid before an Ayahuasca ceremony, such as decongestants taken for colds and some allergies, antidepressants and some medication for nervous system. Some effects that may occur are headache important temporal and occipital, diaferesis, mydriasis, neck stiffness, palpitations and elevated blood pressure both systolic and diastolic. Some drugs should be avoided completely since 3 or 4 weeks before drinking Ayahuasca. Therefore it is very important to inform to people who gives the Ayahuasca full details on any drug treatment.Total sexual abstinence is recommended. It is good to drink plenty of water and it is possible to eat all kind of fresh vegetables and fruits, except citrus. One day before the ceremony to avoid overripe fruits. You can eat eggs and to drink yougurt. The day of the first ceremony is recommended complete fasting, just to drink water. The meditation practices are recommended before the ceremonies.
All Ceremonies and Retreats in Cusco, are guided and organized by Erik Hendrick and Nilda Quispe (Sapan Inka Retreat Centre).
For details and reservations contact directly to our e-mail addresses:
Erik & Nilda